A lot people who consider the investment in a solar panel system are worried about the initial solar pv costs. The reality of the situation is that the cost of a solar pv system has become far more affordable and remains an excellent investment for the future.
The average domestic solar PV system is 3Kw to 4kW, with the typical cost ranging from £5,500 to £9,500 (including VAT at 5%).
Solar pv costs have fallen significantly over the last year, although they vary between products depending on the manufacturer and the quality of the panel. We would always recommend the most appropriate for your budget and needs after getting a full understanding of your requirements. We have even been known to tell a prospective client that they were not an appropriate solution for them.
Other factors that affect your Solar PV costs are:
- The more electricity the system can generate, the more it costs but the more it could save.
- Larger systems are usually more cost-effective than smaller systems (up to 4kWp).
- PV panels are all around the same price per kWp, but PV tiles cost much more than a typical system made up of panels.
- Panels built into a roof are more expensive than those that sit on top.
- Scaffolding costs if your building is unusual.